At the York Candle Company we only use 100% natural soy wax. We do this for a number of reasons:
- Whilst slightly more expensive than paraffin wax, soy candles burn for 30 – 50% longer and so they do not have to be replaced as often.
- Soy wax candles hold fragrances better so you’ll get to enjoy the scent right to the end of the candle.
- Using soy wax candles rather than paraffin is better for the environment as they are cleaner burning with no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants and as the wax is biodegradable.
- They are much cleaner as they leave no sooty deposits, are water soluble and so any spillages can be cleaned with simply soap and water.
- Because they are a natural, renewable source they benefit agriculture.